Monday, April 26, 2010

What's old is vintage again...

I have a confession to make. My wardrobe of late seems a bit, well predictable. Take one floaty silk dress, to which I add one black blazer, a splash of floral, some tights, add shoes and voila! Don't get me wrong, I adore my wardrobe - a black blazer can take a lace top and a black skirt and make it something truly special, - add it to a crisp white tee and cuffed boyfriend jeans with high, chunky heels in a Stella mccartneyish fashion - a perfect outfit.
My style is a mix of classic pieces shuffled in amongst current trends,interpreted in a modern way. But there is one area which is left to be fully discovered and that is vintage. I crave of variety, spontaneity and randomness, put together with the pieces I own to create something truly unique. I envy those who can find fabulous vintage pieces and make them work in such a way that it still maintains the vintage feel, but transcends as a fashion forward, relevant and inspiring look
So this is the next fashion frontier. A vintage lace dress, in a cream or white is on my radar to team with chunky, doc martin style boots and layer with whimsical, Victorian inspired accessories. Of course, it would look fabulous with a black blazer...

No comments:

Post a Comment